1.What should the readers expect from “Satyayoddha Kalki: Eye of Bramha”? Both who have read Dharmayoddha Kalki and those who haven’t..
Kevin: Lot of twists and turns, double action, double the suspense!
2. How does it feel to have a new book published? One that has a well-loved predecessor.. Excited to have reviews pouring in?
Kevin: Yes. I love the feeling. I’m legit getting mails and messages every day.
3. Kalki is based on a Hindu mythological character. What inspired you to choose this character as a basis for your books?
Kevin: Because he’s a grounded farm boy from a small village called Shambala who becomes the Avatar this world needs. The story of an underdog is always something I loved.
4. Do you think mythology is all over the place when it comes to Indian Fantasy books?
Kevin: Yes. Right from Tolkien who took ideas from mythology, to Robert Jordan who took Christian mythology. Everyone takes inspiration from a particular cultures mythology.
5. Which other genres would you like to venture into the future?
Kevin: Sci-fi perhaps
6. Which is your favorite genre as a reader?
7. Any favorite book recommendations? Apart from your own.. of course! 😀
Kevin: The Godfather.
8. Any thoughts on the growing presence of books on social media?
Kevin: I love the idea so many books are being promoted but there should be a quality check of the books that are out there. Lot of them look amateurish. Mine did too but I corrected it in my recent books.
9. You started writing at a very young age and published your first book at the age of 14.. Any words of wisdom for budding authors?
Kevin: Just read a lot. Not just books but comics too.
1. Chocolate or Vanilla
2. Sea or Mountains
3. Fantasy or Literary Fiction (As a reader)
4. Instagram or Twitter
5. Hollywood or Bollywood
6. Black or White
7. Big City or Small Town
– Big city.
8. Writing or Publishing (As a profession)
– Writing, no doubt.
Did you enjoy the interview?
Have you tried any of Kevin’s books yet? Tell me in the comments below!